Friday, March 28, 2008

Bob the Frog!

This is our new frog, Travis named him Bob, we found him 2 weeks ago and made him a home with rocks and bark and a pond, he really likes the pond, but I'm not sure he likes the food.
We have been feeding him some yummy canned cat food, and he seems to be growing and living, but maybe just barely. I understand that frogs eat bugs like crickets and aphids and things, but I don't think any live bugs would stay in our home made frog home. I wonder if he would like those freeze dried worms or those frozen things you feed beta fish. We will go to the pet store tomorrow and see what they think, but they will probably tell us to get a real frog aquarium and real frog food, so then we may have to let Bob go live in our garden or Susan's catfish pond, if he didn't look so much like good catfish food. The picture on the left is about the actual size of the frog, about 1 1/2", so he or she is still very young.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you could give store bought food a try but I bet he would like very little crickets. Otherwise some nice bushes to let him go would probably be okay. Not real sure, I have turtles but they eat the turtle food. :)
He looks cute.
Marion H